[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Hi, Easyrider-- How are you? Good to see you here. (sm)

Posted by Shawn on October 07, 2010 at 12:53:26:

In Reply to: Am I being too sensitive? ... sm posted by Easyrider on October 07, 2010 at 11:49:58:

No, I don't think you're being too sensitive. Personal faith and religious conviction is a serious matter and we as sentient beings don't come to a place of sincere belief or faith without there being some real, meaningful experience or thought along the way.

Evidently what you had to say must have struck some sort of nerve in your DSIL, which produced a reaction. Perhaps he did or did not mean to be so brash and make you feel bad, but it happened, and hopefully he will come back and deal with that and smooth it over. Your DD did take his side, (not necessarily a bad thing) and that hurts you now. Hopefully, she'll also come around and the 3 of you can talk it out and come to some understanding. Perhaps they'll learn that you've come to this point in your faith walk with a sincere heart and it's important to you, and they'll handle you with a little more TLC. Perhaps they'll be inspired to do the same.

If I were going to be blunt, I'd remind you of the scripture that addresses "casting your pearls before swine." Not to say your family members are swine...and I don't necessarily agree w/the poster on R'vus who said not to discuss these matters with those who don't believe (Where would we be if that were always the case?)

Yes, you're sensitive and tenderhearted about this- but not too much so. You're right- you don't joke about a person's religion.

I certainly don't know about the "you're dying" situation, and I suspect that on a different day, he might have chosen his words differently. I'm really sorry for your hurt feelings and think your DSIL needs a good shakin'...

Let it be. You're the one with the maturity, you're the one with the capacity to love your DD and DSIL in spite of their lacking what they need in order to understand. Give it some time and don't apologize for your belief and your faith.

Stick around. We need folks like you here and hope to make you feel most welcome. Please come back with an update on this or anything else.

And have a most excellent day!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]