[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

what's up with the all caps? we're not deaf

Posted by lol on August 17, 2010 at 20:20:06:

In Reply to: Speaking for myself only....sm posted by Estelle on August 16, 2010 at 01:25:24:

: In many ways, TO THE CHRISTIAN WHO BELIEVES IN THE WORD, the Bible is an accurate book of history and science backed by findings supporting what it says.
: Someone has taken the time to date the age of man from Adam to I think it was about the year 2000 or so, and it came to between 6000 or 7000 yrs based on Biblical genealogy, including the 2000 years since Jesus lived.

: Does this further the cause of Christianity if proven accurate? I don't necessarily think so, especially if there is already insistence that God doesn't exist or the Bible is nothing more than another book to read.
: Like other information we find in the Bible, I see it as only proof that God revealed it to us as the truth and we either accept or reject it. It just "is." Do I trust in the Bible, do I trust in His Word, do I believe it to be true? Yes, I do. Does my believing it make (young earth creationism) it truth? No, not on my own.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]