[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Right here I should have said "in some cases, THAT is presented..." and

Posted by been more careful to not generalize. Not in all cases...Amend that, please. Shawn on August 17, 2010 at 10:11:53:

In Reply to: Those who believe in the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible (sm) posted by Shawn on August 16, 2010 at 22:21:58:

: and take it literally have made it their rule of faith and practice-- I believe that takes it pretty way too far, when you pull ancient writings into the modern day, when you apply what was intended for the ears and eyes of people of a different time and different culture, when you base the way you believe and live on words that have been translated and retranslated and changed and tweaked and laundered and twisted...get what I'm saying? The BAC doesn't go to the synogogue or temple and read straight from the Hebrew, or even Aramaic language-- they've got the watered-down version with elimination and additions. That's kinda dangerous, IMO. And THAT is presented to them by someone who happened to feel (read this in a big, dramatic deep voice now) "Cawled by Gawd" to preach the Word (watered down and revised a gazillion times over) to them, and so very many of these BACs are only as smart as the last guy who got up front in the church in a greasy cheap suit and declared the (read in quavery voice, head thrown back here, hand outstretched, all back-lit) "Wuhord of the Loherd...."

: Sorry, being a bit irreverent here, but I find it completely revolting, and I am
: So Done With That.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]