[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Rachael, the implications are too much-- (sm)

Posted by Shawn on August 16, 2010 at 13:28:50:

In Reply to: Now I AM confused. I thought the Bible does cover everything and hold ALL truths. posted by Rachael. I think its time for me to leave this discussion. on August 16, 2010 at 07:03:49:

If one, as a BAC becomes convinced that the Bible is "wrong" about 6 days of creation, or Methuselah didn't live to be nearly 1000 years old, or if the great flood was actually "only" as big as their particular world, which was a small piece of this planet (but it was all they had, so pretty damn big enough to them), and if one takes all of that literally and then for some reason has an epiphany, realizes that it t'aint necessarily so...

Then that means that the real, personal, deep things one has believed about all sorts of spiritual matters is all-of-a-sudden subject to closer scrutiny and comes up for discussion.

That, my friend, might be "unnerving," might it not? Too much. It's much nicer to just sit in church on Sundays and have one's daily devotions and hope to God that's all one needs to function. It's either that, or have to deal.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]