[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Speaking for myself only....sm

Posted by Estelle on August 16, 2010 at 01:25:24:

In Reply to: Now I have heard of people like that, and I don't know if you can answer this, posted by but how does it "further their cause" to say the world is not as old as Rachael sm on August 15, 2010 at 19:36:25:

In many ways, TO THE CHRISTIAN WHO BELIEVES IN THE WORD, the Bible is an accurate book of history and science backed by findings supporting what it says.
Someone has taken the time to date the age of man from Adam to I think it was about the year 2000 or so, and it came to between 6000 or 7000 yrs based on Biblical genealogy, including the 2000 years since Jesus lived.

Does this further the cause of Christianity if proven accurate? I don't necessarily think so, especially if there is already insistence that God doesn't exist or the Bible is nothing more than another book to read.
Like other information we find in the Bible, I see it as only proof that God revealed it to us as the truth and we either accept or reject it. It just "is." Do I trust in the Bible, do I trust in His Word, do I believe it to be true? Yes, I do. Does my believing it make (young earth creationism) it truth? No, not on my own.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]