[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

See - you did it again. LOL You said

Posted by Rachael sm on August 15, 2010 at 08:50:55:

In Reply to: I have never said anything about Christians being the only people w/ faith. sm posted by Estelle on August 15, 2010 at 08:17:18:

"I cannot claim to know anything about faiths of other people" and I think you are seeing religion and faith as the same thing. You say you cannot claim to konw about the faith required of other religions. But I'm not talking about religion or "religious faiths" here, I am talking about faith. Faith period.

One does not have to be a religious believer to have faith. I can understand how that might be hard to understand when one is of a religious belief based solely on faith, but what I'm saying is, even though to you, faith=God, one can have faith (IMO, anyway- but I'm sure some pastor somewhere would burn me for this)without God or religious convictions.

Again, I'm babbling, not sure what I'm trying to say, but to you, I think anyway, everything is God, everything is associated with God, as is faith.

To me, nothing is God, nothing is associated with God, but that doesn't mean faith doesn't exist.

It can be hard to separate God from faith if that is the only way you know faith, but that doesn't mean that faith does not exist. Faith isn't a religious thing to me. Faith just is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]