[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

More simply put, it depends on to what degree they've been educated (sm)

Posted by Shawn on August 15, 2010 at 01:24:23:

In Reply to: I think it depends on who fundamentalist Christians happen to have posted by been listening to- their current preacher, and that's pretty sad, IMO. Shawn on August 15, 2010 at 01:17:50:

We were listening to someone awhile back talking about biblical concepts and evidences for certain things-- and it was amazing-- we could see exactly where it all broke down. There was no real documentable evidence for the claims being made, and when that was revealed in the discussion, all of a sudden the hemming and hawing started. If it wasn't so pathetic, it would have been kinda funny, in a sad way. I've seen that so much. Young earth creationists are like that--absolutely unwilling to accept, in spite of so much evidence to the contrary.

You don't believe because you haven't learned what there is out there to believe. Why would anybody want to be so limited and afraid of a truth that can be picked up and examined and taken apart and put back together?

It's like going to the library for years, but never venturing beyond the children's or even the fiction section.

More fear than faith, perhaps....

I call it the "There be dragons! syndrome."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]