[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Not quite. I'm much more broad-minded than that- so don't assume...(sm)

Posted by Shawn on August 15, 2010 at 01:13:52:

In Reply to: I think I'm beginning to see what the problem is. sm posted by Estelle on August 14, 2010 at 19:12:28:

It appears that you're making an unwise assumption that is more than a bit off base...

I am asking why some feel it necessary to discount science or reason or whatever else I mentioned...those people who are so "heavenly-minded they're of no earthly good," to use an old, worn-out saying.

It's not that "observations, understanding, and knowledge" are limited at all. But there are many who wonder that there are, in this day and age, those people who choose to completely ignore what is observable, measurable, able to be understood. Get what I'm saying? Faith is fine- I can take it or leave it, I have no problem with that.

It's when self-righteous and somewhat ignorant people are blinded to what is evident before them and they choose to claim virtue by having a so-called faith which, 9 times out of 10 is apt to morph and change and be altered by life's circumstances more than once down their spiritual path to eternity.

Rachael is right about the cornerstone thing-- absolutely. I haven't read what she has to say inside her post yet, but I will.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]