[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I think I'm beginning to see what the problem is. sm

Posted by Estelle on August 14, 2010 at 19:12:28:

In Reply to: What bothers me is those who can/do see, and they call it "bad" posted by or "evil" and refuse to accept what's right there....Shawn on August 14, 2010 at 14:23:43:

You are still trying to define for everyone (i.e. Christians) what is acceptable and what is not acceptable according to limited human observations, understanding, and knowledge. The Bible is not your compass for understanding the world around you, science is; and therefore you cannot comprehend why Bible-believing Christians might discount certain discoveries validated by science only. We believe the Bible trumps science b/c we believe that God is the author of (real) science, which is revealed in all that He's made. We do not know all there is to know about science. The proof is in that we're making new discoveries every day (or nearly every day, lol).

The Bible warns of leaning on our own understanding, and to us, that includes the field of science. God has his science lab, we have ours. Faith is about seeing and believing the unseen and unseeable. For me, if the discovery runs contrary to what the Bible would say, then we've not yet arrived at HIS conclusion to the discovery. Sometimes time elapses between discovery and revelation, and as Christians, we wait for that revelation.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]