[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

I'm sorry, but my brain can't think of immediate examples right now. sm

Posted by Estelle on August 14, 2010 at 17:10:53:

In Reply to: What bothers me is those who can/do see, and they call it "bad" posted by or "evil" and refuse to accept what's right there....Shawn on August 14, 2010 at 14:23:43:

Are you talking about examples like we're evolved from (or at least related to) apes and fish, or the earth is actually millions/billions of years old instead of only a few thousand years? Or are you talking about plants and minerals with specific medicinal properties, mathematical/scientific formulas, speed of sound/light, animal behavior or how to build the best architecture?

The first set of examples runs contrary to what I believe the Bible says. Period. Evidence of those examples are not overwhelming enough to convince me that it's the truth. That would be "bad" to me, I guess.

When speaking of minerals and plants containing medicinal properties, some fundamentalist Christians would indeed say that it's "evil" knowledge b/c they would believe those are brought about by witchcraft. Other fundamentalist Christians would declare that it's the ONLY medicine one should take (because it came from God), and that modern medicine would be considered "evil" because they believe mankind had a greater hand in modern medicine than God did.

For fundamentalist Christians, I think it depends on where they think they see or don't see God in the grand scheme of things that determines how they'll react.

I'm not a scholar. I don't even play one on tv. These are just my Estelle thoughts on the matter, no matter how brilliant or inept they may seem. : }

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]