[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

It is a bad thing to see what is before their eyes, because that doesn't

Posted by require faith. on August 10, 2010 at 17:27:30:

In Reply to: A question for BACs/Estelle, since you've asked ?s of others here- (sm) posted by Shawn on August 09, 2010 at 23:43:16:

: This is somewhat inflammatory, but that's all right- we can douse the flames if it gets too hot, LOL.

: I thought you might be one of several posters who might answer a question or two-- Down below we were talking about how one relates, in your case, to God--
: Which caused my meandering mind to wander over to a comment Anne Rice had made about Christians and their disregard/disbelief of science--I've seen that ramped up to a 'fear' level in others.

: What is it that causes a Christian, someone who believes in the Bible, to disregard and attempt to refute scientific evidence that is able to be proven and documented.

: Why do you think there are so many fundamentalist Bible believers so typically:
:
: 1. Anti-science
: 2. Anti-environmentalist
: 3. Anti-ecumenical
: 4. Anti-democrat/liberal

: I'm actually going somewhere with this and thought I'd run it by here to see what you and possibly others would have to share.

: What I'm seeing is that so many of the fundamentalist/Christian persuasion refuse to open their eyes or broaden their perspective to include irrefutable absolutes, as though it is a bad thing to believe in what is before their very eyes...

: ....in my somewhat argumentative opinion, lol.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]