[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: New Heroines: Pixar's New Heroine: Merida

Posted by on Fri, Oct 19 2012 at 08:48 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: New Heroines: Merida and Willow posted by Jacob Waltuck on Mon, Sep 24 2012 at 11:52 AM CDT:

: : There are two animated heroines I suggest you add on your site (if possible).

: : The first is one of my favorite heroines (and Pixar's first leading lady), Merida from Brave. She's feisty, rebellious, kind, courageous, nuanced, sincere, and not afraid to follow her heart. Merida, as one critic said, "has a spirit as fiery as her red hair." Even though she may be defiant, unruly, and stubborn, Merida is not a spoiled brat. Not only does she make mistakes, she also learns from them, and she's a character I can identify with. Merida is one brave lass, and kudos to Kelly Macdonald for creating her amazing voice.

: : Top Ten Merida Quotes:
: : 10. "This is what you've been preparing me for my whole life!"
: : 9. "Every carving... and one spell."
: : 8. "You hungry too, Angus?"
: : 7. "Googly old hag."
: : 6. "Where did you get this water? It has worms."
: : 5."SHUT IT!"
: : 4. "Whoosh! One swipe, his sword shattered. Then, chomp! Dad's leg was clean off! Down the monster's throat it went."
: : 3. "You're covered with fur! You're not naked!"
: : 2. "I am Merida, firstborn descendant of Clan DunBroch! And I'll be shooting for my own hand!"
: : 1. "There's no one to blame but me. And I know now that I need to amend my mistake and restore our bond."

The other heroine I suggest you add is Jewel from the heartwarming comedy Rio. She's this feisty and reluctant blue macaw who helps an awkward tourist discover his destiny. Jewel faces poachers, confinement, and a Gestapo-like cockatoo all while supporting her newfound friends. Topping it off, she's spunky, courageous, and boy does she know how to take care of herself.

Top 10 Jewel Quotes:
10: "I hate you."
9. "We'll see."
8. "Okay, sure, sure, they're nice."
7. "We're on our own, and if we just sit here, we're going to die!"
6. "Did you actually think we were gonna kiss?"
5. "Because of them, I lost everything."
4. "Easy-breezy."
3. "Blu, look out!"
2. "Ya think?"
1. "If you want to see Linda again, this is the only way."

Follow Ups: