[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: New Heroines: Merida and Jewel

Posted by on Fri, Oct 19 2012 at 08:32 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: New Heroines: Merida and Willow posted by Jacob Waltuck on Mon, Sep 24 2012 at 11:52 AM CDT:

: : There are two animated heroines I suggest you add on your site (if possible).

: : The first is one of my favorite heroines (and Pixar's first leading lady), Merida from Brave. She's feisty, rebellious, kind, courageous, nuanced, sincere, and not afraid to follow her heart. Merida, as one critic said, "has a spirit as fiery as her red hair." Even though she may be defiant, unruly, and stubborn, Merida is not a spoiled brat. Not only does she make mistakes, she also learns from them, and she's a character I can identify with. Merida is one brave lass, and kudos to Kelly Macdonald for creating her amazing voice.

: : Top Ten Merida Quotes:
: : 10. "Why a bear? Ugh! That scaffy witch gave me a gammy spell!"
: : 9. "You hungry too, Angus?"
: : 8. "
: : 7.
: : 6.
: : 5."SHUT IT!"
: : 4. "Whoosh! One swipe, his sword shattered. Then, chomp! Dad's leg was clean off! Down the monster's throat it went."
: : 3. "You're covered with fur! You're not naked!"
: : 2. "I am Merida, firstborn descendant of Clan DunBroch! And I'll be shooting for my own hand!"
: : 1. "There's no one to blame but me. And I know now that I need to amend my mistake and restore our bond."

The other heroine I suggest you add is Jewel from Rio. She's this remarkable, feisty, courageous blue macaw who meets an awkward tourist and reluctantly helps him survive his journey through the jungles of South America to find his destiny. Jewel is an amazing heroine because she is funny, fearless, and boy does she know how to take care of herself.

Top Ten Jewel Quotes:

10. "I hate you."
9. "We'll see."
8. "Is there anything else I need to know?"
7. "Blu, look out!"
6. "Oh, this is great! I'm chained to the only bird in the world who can't fly!"
5. "We're still alive!"
4. "Did you actually think we were gonna kiss?"
3. "Because of them, I've lost everything."
2. "If you want to see Linda again, this is the only way."
1. "Come on, Blu, you can do it!"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: