[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

In a Word (Heroines that didn't make it on the list)

Posted by Jenn on June 15, 2008 at 14:12:27:

I know that the page will not be updated anymore, but when I was reading some of the analyses, I ended up creating some of my own and wanted to share.

Marjane Satrapi(Persepolis)-"Compelling"-Controvesial, but insightful, Marjane grows and matures through war, social bias, and unhappy relationships to gaining a sense of self and understanding. She makes a very difficult decision by the end of the film.

Giselle(Enchanted)-"Innocent"-as an animated character, Giselle is very optimistic and has very simple desires. When she becomes a real person, she matures, but still keeps her innocent optimism.

Sophie(Howl's Moving Castle)-"Resilient"-Despite being turned into an old woman and putting up with the tempermental Howl, she picks herself up and does what needs to be done. She among my favorite animated characters, because she is more of a transitional heroine. She makes remarkable changes in her personality.

Mrs. Brisby(The Secret of NIMH)-"Brave"-This single mother and country mouse faced a cat, an owl, and mysterious rats for the sake of her sick son and the safety of her family!

Chihiro(Spirited Away)-"Persevering"-She begins as a spoiled sullen brat and gradually matures and helps her parents and Haku. Another transitional character.

Sally(The Nightmare Before Christmas)-"Perceptive/Insightful"-She is the only one of the Halloween Town denizens that understood Jack's feelings and realized that his ambitions were more harmful than wonderful.

Sally Carerra(Cars)-"Romantic"-She is in love with the natural beauty of a valley and a small town.

AnneMarie(All Dogs Go to Heaven)-"Wishful"-She wants a mother and father to love more than anything else.

Victoria Everglot(the Corpse Bride)-"Modest"-She contrasts greatly with her stuffy parents by her more endearing nature and with Emily by her more discreet and quiet manners. Her desires are not grand. She wants a person she can genuinely love.

Mildred(Meet the Robinsons)-"Compassionate"-She supports Lewis after his disasters with potential adoptive parents and does her best to be a constant and nurturing figure for him and Goob. She even makes an important point that children become orphans not because parents are callous, but that some parents simply can't take care of them. She is the one to point out to Lewis that there are things that need to be let go of in order to move foward.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]