[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldnít have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: Questions about the Royal Sussex Regimental Association Ltd

Posted by RossP on Fri, Jul 29 2022 at 09:49 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Questions about the Royal Sussex Regimental Association Ltd posted by Brian Marjoram on Fri, Jul 29 2022 at 07:39 AM CDT:

Harry.

The tie the veterans of the RSX is not an association tie. Itís a Regimental tie worn proudly by veterans who served in our Regiment. Therefore, it is amoral to condone the wearing of our Regimental tie by civilians.

The reason why this subject of dress code has risen itís ugly head during the last couple of years, is because we were totally unaware that this dastardly practice of civilians wearing our Regimental regalia was in force. In fact, I did question Col. Arnold at a reunion, when a woman turned up wearing our full Regimental regalia. As of now, I got the same bull from him.

I, personally will never attend another association dinner, or any association function, instead the Royal Sussex veterans will have their own get togethers where we can meet up without pretenders being present.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: