[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldnít have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Questions about the Royal Sussex Regimental Association Ltd

Posted by on Fri, Jul 29 2022 at 07:39 AM CDT:

Ross
Answering your questions about the RSRAL:
1. The Chairman is Nigel Russell
2. None of the Directors are paid a salary
3. Nothing
4. The company has not been in existence long enough to produce financial reports. The charity behind the company (Royal Sussex 1939/45 war Memorial Fund) published its accounts on the Charities Commission website in December 2021.
5. We are trying to be as open as possible with members. I have been posting on this site as much as I can. We have had Directorís meetings, but they are generally about the legalities in setting up the company etc. This is still an ongoing process.
6. We are listening to members, the process is that branches will hold their meetings and feed their concerns to the Association and they are addressed. This survey re the dress code is one example of the association responding.
7. Members can be excluded from the branch for several reasons, behaviour being one of the. So far, no members have been excluded from the association itself.
We are doing our best to listen to the views of all members, whether they be veterans or non-served. Non-served members were allowed to join the association decades ago and we are not going to turn the clock back. This debate about dress code is relatively new and started less than two years ago, when the various documents were shared with the membership re the restructuring of the association. The policy documents basically formalised the rules/regs/agreements which were in place at that time. I donít recall any dissent/discussion about the dress code when Col. Arnold was President.

As for the tie given to you, Iíve no idea who produced it and the official association tie is the one that we all wear now.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: