[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldnít have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Association tie

Posted by RossP on Fri, Jul 29 2022 at 04:59 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Malta posted by Mario on Thu, Jul 28 2022 at 11:04 PM CDT:

I would like to thank the anonymous person who sent me a RSX association tie. Itís a Royal blue shiny material with a RSX badge. Nowhere does it state that it is a Association tie. They could have ĎAssociation Memberí around the badge, thus making it more obvious to the public.
The Regimental Association have got it wrong again!

I wonder if anyone can explain to me how the RSX Association Company is run? (1) Who is the CEO? (2) Who within this company is paid? (3) How much are they paid? (4) Why do they not produce a Treasury report annually? (5) Why havenít they got their own treasury account? (6) Why are they not more open too members? (7) Why do they not appear to listen to their veterans? (8) Why, they are able to cancel veterans branch membership, for not agreeing with their actions. I thought we were a democracy?

I only ask these questions because I and many other members, do not know how the association is run. We, of course, do know that Major McCulley, is our President and Major Russel is 2i/c, two very fine Officers that I served with and know quite well. Unfortunately, I think they have let down the veterans, by letting the non RSX veterans getting their own way, steering the association in the wrong direction. I might add, this is only my opinion.

I do understand that when the last RSX veteran shuffles off this mortal coil, the Association wants the RSX to be remembered. But unfortunately, they have got the dress code wrong! Only RSX veterans are entitled the full regalia. The civilians who wish to join the Association, for any reason, only known to themselves, are NOT entitled to wear any of the veterans regalia. NO blazer badges, NO Regimental tie, NO beret containing the Regimental badge. The reason for this is, that they have NEVER served in our Regiment, for the Lords sake, itís not rocket science!

If the association was more efficient this dress code would not be a problem. How many times do we have to go through this rigmarole of trying to explain the difference between RSX veterans and NON veterans? Surely, there is someone out there who does understand?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: