[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldnít have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: this civilians view

Posted by Dilly on Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 04:23 AM CDT:

In Reply to: this civilians view posted by Rob Bumstead on Sun, Jul 24 2022 at 03:59 AM CDT:

: I have known many of you now for many years, and each and every one of you has had some input in me being the person who I am, be it directly or by the influence you had on dad or his brothers. Dad left the army in 1974 and I was born in 76, 10 years after the regiment became the Queens. In about 79 Hastings branch discussed me as a 3 year old that was always there supporting his dad and the then colonel was approached regarding me wearing regimental tie and badge as and when the times dictated. These people that showed their faith in me were first and second war veterans and some were already well into their 80s th3n. I have always worn the tie and badge with those men in my mind and now that dad has gone recently I will wear it for hi, more than ever. I have not sent in my reply to whether I think I should wear regimental colours as it is not up to e as I ever served. Dad died onthe Tuesday and 9ur branch meeting was the following day and the branch showed faith in me by asking me if I would continue being dad's replacement and branch secretary. To say I felt honoured that these ex servicemen are willing to entrust the future to me is an under statement. So basically hastings branch has a civilian secretary that wears his colours with pride and respect for everyone that spent their time for our rights.

Rob
For me 100% you can wear the regiment tie etc.
Iíve never met you but knew dad and there is no question of you being included in the term civilian. You are one of us
I add at this point if my two sons and or my grandchildren want to wear the same I fully support them. When I use the term non served civilian I donít include children or grand children in that saying.
You and they are part of the regiment

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: