[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldn’t have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: Dress Code ?

Posted by RossP on Fri, Jul 22 2022 at 01:07 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Dress Code ? posted by David Tilley on Fri, Jul 22 2022 at 09:18 AM CDT:

Reading the survey form, it states our Regimental blazer badge is acceptable form of dress for all members. What a load of rubbish, only Royal Sussex Regiment veterans can wear our blazer badge.
You wear the badge to let others know that you are, or where, a member of the Royal Sussex Regiment. They do not mention on the form that only veterans are entitled to wear the Regimental tie. What is a Association tie? Has anyone got a photo of one?
I have this horrible feeling, that whatever the survey indicates, they still will not listen. When you have non veterans running the branches and Association, it is fairly obvious, that they have very little loyalty to the Regiment. When you have served, you become a band of brothers, the non veterans will not have that Regimental loyalty. I do so wish the our Royal Sussex Officers would stop this denigration of veterans and restore our Regimental identity. Only Royal Sussex Regiment veterans are entitled to wear the regalia.
I hope the non veterans understand how we feel, personally, I applaud them for wanting to be part of our association, but hopefully, they will understand our feelings on regimental regalia and what it means to the veterans.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: