[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldnít have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: On my retirement

Posted by Dilly on Mon, Jul 18 2022 at 10:46 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: On my retirement posted by Tony T on Mon, Jul 18 2022 at 09:38 AM CDT:

: Dilly was a WO2 at the time perhaps he can through some light on the matter?

: Tony T.

Tony /Colin
Havenít got a scubi
All I can remember from then is when I retired / demobbed in 87
I was on £12500 pa.
I applied for a job with Canterbury council as Car parks / markets manager the pay was just under £10 000
I got the job.
Andy Stuart ( Tony remember him ) he was voted by us as best on a jnco cadre we ran in Dover.
When he retired 10 years later as WO2 his wage at that rank then was £28 000.
One further money point.
We went to Belize in January returned October. The firemen went on strike
We went from catterick to Liverpool as firemen
The bread line in 1977 was considered to be £66 per week
The firemen went on strike to get above that figure,
A Cpl in the British army was on £66 per week
We just again stepped up ad go on with it

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: