[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldn’t have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: You can't make it up

Posted by RossP on Sun, Jul 17 2022 at 06:49 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: You can't make it up posted by Tony T on Sat, Jul 16 2022 at 02:38 PM CDT:

I think that you all appear to have forgot, that you were in the Army. You should have joined the Social Services.
Married soldiers, at that time you are discussing, received Marriage Allowance, single soldiers got their basic pay. I was really glad that the Marriage Allowance was stopped, I think in Germany?
It was totally unfair to the single soldier.

If Major Brady let you borrow £15, he would have been morally wrong. What would have happened if you couldn’t pay it back?

As for not being able to see your son while you were on guard, it wasn’t the army’s fault. You were on guard, they were right, you have to complete your duty. Single soldiers were stuck, no redress, they just had to soldiered on.

Officers always acted as you have said, they believed in “Do as I say, not as I do” The only way over that was, get a commission!

Anyway, I was always led to believe, that if you can’t take a joke, YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE JOINED.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: