[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
When Robert Jones first opened the site in 1994 he couldn’t have imagined that it would ever attract so many members and so much interest as it has generated. Sadly Robert passed away unexpectedly in 1918. he made us promise we would continue the running of the site in his name and uphold its good name this we promised to do. Colin and I don't have the expert knowledge in running the site but we will prod along as best we can to uphold its name. Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

Re: QRWT

Posted by Brian Marjoram on Tue, Apr 05 2022 at 04:42 AM CDT:

In Reply to: QRWT posted by Tony T on Mon, Apr 04 2022 at 01:18 PM CDT:

Hi Tony
I don't wish to get into discussing the politics of military charities as it can be a bit of a minefield. However, the QRMW is not a member of COBSEO (Confederation of Service Charities) but that is not a problem as there are many other small service charities who aren't members either.
Basically, from what I understand, the charity was sent up to purchase and maintain a piece of woodland in memory of those who have passed on and served in the Queens Regiment and to provide small grants to eligible persons who are in poverty and suffering hardship. Their finances would not be capable of making large grants. I can confirm as the SSAFA Secretary for Guildford, that QRMW have supported homeless comrades who turned up in Guildford on several occasions with small grants and purchase of clothing.
QRMW are on the Charities Register and their accounts are up to date and available to examine. Their fundraising costs are small (this is where some dodgy charities hide their payments to trustees) trustees. In all, and in my opinion, they are doing a good job with the funds they have available.
SSAFA, RBL and the regimental charities all benefit from the ‘days pay’ that we all made when we served. QRMW does not.
Returning to Bob Jones, I was in contact with Bob before his return to UK and put things in place for when he arrived in the UK. He was then fully supported by SSAFA, RBL and PWRR charities.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]
Post A Message Name: E-Mail: Subject: Message: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL: