[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: GSM Medal

Posted by Brian Marjoram on Wed, Jan 23 2019 at 04:53 AM CST:

In Reply to: Re: GSM Medal posted by bob b on Wed, Jan 23 2019 at 04:01 AM CST:

Thinking back to the distant past when I studied criminal law, even if the guy selling the medal on EBay bought it in good faith, he does not have good title to the medal. It does not matter how many people the medal has gone through in the past 40 years you still own the medal. Basically, once the seller has been informed that the medal was stolen he cannot legally sell it. if he did he would be selling stolen property and could be prosecuted. However, if he can show he bought it good faith we used to have what was called Police Property Act proceedings before a magistrate. They would decide whether or not the property would be returned to the legal owner. Not sure what the procedure is now.

But, it is down to the seller to prove he bought it in good faith and to prove this he will have to produce evidence, bills, receipts etc.

Just heard from the seller:
I purchased the medal around a decade ago from a dealer.I collected at the time the regiments that made up the PWRR being ex royal Hampshire myself.I have seen pics of him wearing his medals on the R Suss/3 queens website.he wears the two bar medal and a TA long service medal.I will take the medal off & hope you get back to me about the circumstance,Just one more thing I added an original N Ireland bar because I knew he had served with 3 Queens,So when I bought the medal it was just South Arabia so I suspect what ever happened it was a long time ago. kind regards Gary

I suggest you contact him via the ‘Contact Seller’ process on EBay.
Regards
Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]