[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Brexit

Posted by MM on Mon, Dec 10 2018 at 02:16 AM CST:

In Reply to: Re: Brexit posted by martyn burgess on Sun, Dec 09 2018 at 03:38 PM CST:

I remember the vote when we were in Gib. I voted in, but I wasn't voting for how it ended up. I voted for a common market and there was no question about following Brussels, law courts etc. I do agree with protection for workers rights. I didn't vote for what e have ended up joined to.
I see this deal in a nut shell. If it is accepted thge UK will be out of the EU in as much as we will become an island off the coast of Europe that will be controlled by Brussels, not at the table but having to allow Brussels to carry on with it's control.
My real concern is the constitutional question/s that are going to be called in to question if this goes tits up. I am talking about the movement away from Leave. Leave means Leave, not remaining attached. The idea that we should have another referendum with 2 questions, Accept this deal or Remain would be very wrong. 17 million votes can not be ignored and the remaining aspect can not be included. The question was put in 2016, Leave or Remain, and Leave won it.
I never paid attention to the claim that 35 billion pounds that wouldn't be paid to the EU could or would go to the NHS. There is no way any government is going to give this colossal sum to anyone else but themselves. It's just been announced by the European Court that the UK can stop Brexit if it wants too. I hope that what ever happens that there is no civil unrest. I've said it before, what a bloody mess.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]