[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Not Being Who You Think You Are....

Posted by MM on Sat, Dec 08 2018 at 04:08 AM CST:

I have noticed these days the clear ways in which you get conned by some services that you might use. For instance I placed an order some weeks back with e-bay. I needed a steering wheel for my car and had been quoted some ridiculous figure, but secured a suitable replacement through e-bay. I paid 7 for next day delivery to my home address. The courier was UPS. They didn't deliver it as arranged, they dropped it at a drop off point in Ramsgate and failed to tell me this or where they had dropped it. I was conned out of my 7. Pay Pal reimburse me that 7, which at the time I thought was very good of them.
I went to close my Pay Pal account this morning because I have no need of it. (They keep e-mailing me that I have 7 credit in my account) Inorder to check that I am who \i say I am, Pay Pal asked me some questions for security reasons. I thought thats funny they never asked me these questions when I set up the account. Anyway I answered my birth month, my mobile service provider and my bank details. Guess what, the answers I gave were not correct. As if I wouldn't know the answers to such questions. There were no security questions when I opened the account. Still they've got back the 7 they gave to me. Live and learn.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]