[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: the lying scotsman

Posted by Garyd on Tue, Nov 27 2018 at 03:44 AM CST:

In Reply to: Re: the lying scotsman posted by martyn burgess on Tue, Nov 27 2018 at 01:05 AM CST:

: :
: morning,
: years ago I went all the way to john o groats thenby foot ferry to Orkney.On the way up to Scotland I stayed at port seton just outside Edinburgh.The people I stayed with were from a fishing family.they were decent hardworking people.The family were pro united kingdom.Mitchell the head of the family did not have any time for the Scottish nationalists whatsoever.on the sunday morning I heard all this noise it was a orange lodge parade.Mitchell just lived down the road from where there was a big jacobite battle at preston pans.
: martyn

Preston pans was the last battle before culloden. The battlefield is just outside Inverness. Before going there I always believed it was the Scots against the English. Far from it there are a lot of English Regiment names on both sides. My wives family are all living in that area. Cross the Keswick bridge in Inverness. As you go over Inverness Cally Thistle football ground is on your right. Terry Butcher managed them for some years. Over the bridge and over to the right is the Black Isle. Rosemarkie..Cromarty.. Fortrose..real highland country. If you’re ever up that way the world in places has passed it by. Dingwall another interesting place a lot of connection here to the 2nd World War and home to Ross County football club. Here Enders the history and geography lesson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]