[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: police numbers

Posted by martyn burgess on Mon, Nov 19 2018 at 03:07 PM CST:

In Reply to: Re: police numbers posted by Garyd on Mon, Nov 19 2018 at 02:08 PM CST:

when I was discharged from the army,i begged stole and borrowed money to buy a commercial fishing boat.I worked off Eastbourne beach and then sovereign harbour Eastbourne for 20 years.i once again had to leave the job I loved down to ill health.I put off getting a hernia repaired due to being self employed and having to pay bills.The hernia strangulated and I ended up with a pulmonary embolism which is a blood clot on the lungs.I had to sell my boat as was no longer fit enough to fish.as for cold easterly winds they were the coldest going,the easterly winds were the worst for fishing the flat fish would bury up in the sand .Also when the easterly winds were blowing the sea tended to go clear and the fish could see the nets .I remember gary d saying he lived in hastings we joust to call the hastings fisherman chopbacks this was due to the hastings fishermen boarding a dutch merchantmen and putting an ax in the captains back .Also fisherman were always very superstitious here in Eastbourne they never mentioned animals with big ears went down burrows and starred in watership down.,they were known as shusshers or Bexhill donkeys.Also you should never have green on your boat,here endeth the sermon.
martyn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]