[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Ballymurphy

Posted by Alasdair Goulden on Thu, Nov 15 2018 at 02:54 PM CST:

A number of comments have been made on social media over the last few days which have not been based on good legal principles and as such are providing those who wish to cause the security forces as much embarrasment as possible, the means by which they can attack us in the Court. Potentially, the people making these comments are leaving themselves open to legal action by the Coroner for 'Contempt of Court' which can lead to a prison sentence,

While it is totally understandable that there is a great deal of anger within the veterans' community this is a legal process that is underway and we are all required to comply with any request or direction that is given out by the Coroner or her staff/representatives.

I would urge you not to comment on any form of social media regarding this issue. The President and I are fully engaged with the process, liaising with the Ministry of Defence and RHQ PWRR to ensure that your rights, should you be involved in this inquest are fully protected. Indeed, the President and I are meeting with lawyers tomorrow to make sure that we have the right pocesses in place should they be required.

Please be guided by the advice given by the President previously and do not act on the advice/comments that have been posted by people who have no understanding of all the issues involved.

If you have any further questions/comments, please feel free to contact me and remember that the Association and RHQ PWRR are there to provide you with support.

Yours sincerely,

Alasdair Goulden
Secretary
Queen's Regimental Association

queensregimentassociation@gmail.com

0771 484 4069

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments: