[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: ballymurphy

Posted by on Sat, Nov 10 2018 at 01:29 AM CST:

In Reply to: ballymurphy posted by dave stedman on Tue, Oct 30 2018 at 07:18 AM CDT:

My first tour wasn't until '79 but I have a couple of points to add:

- Veterans living worldwide have reported being contacted in such a manner that their addresses are seemingly being gleaned from official sources...

- In the late 80s a search team from the Bn were individually located, rounded up and dispatched to the province at the behest of the appropriate authorities as a result of a frivolous and vexatious claim arising from a house search some years earlier. Three of the group had by this time been discharged and were picked up by Civ Pol, another was at Para depot & ordered by RMP to Stanstead & on to Moscow camp where they were held in squalor by RMP CWS (Courts and Witnesses Section) until the case concluded.

- I have long suspected that the above was standard practice between Bloody Sunday and the GFA but any attempt to prove it via DPA, FoI etc were fruitless. At the time it seemed normal but in recent years the phrase 'extraordinary rendition'explains the practice when terrorists are on the receiving end and it's about time the public were aware of just how badly the MOD/Judiciary treats it's workforce.

(The three that had left the Army were even given coveralls and expected to bash dixies!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]