[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Final Attempt

Posted by Colonel RM Arnold on Sun, Oct 28 2018 at 07:44 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Final Attempt posted by MM on Sun, Oct 28 2018 at 06:20 AM CDT:

: I shall say to the recipients of this well reported letter once and for all, after that it’s up to you,
: Some have followed the advice that they have received which in some cases might have been OK but in some cases it’s been anything but.
: Mrs Justice Keegan has been appointed as Coroner to conduct an inquest in to the deaths of 10 people on the Ballymurphy some 47 years ago, and Fieldfisher, a firm of solicitors in London is acting on her behalf, in particular Mr Tim Suter.
: The letter forms in part a questionnaire in which Mr Suter asks that the recipient give certain information that may assist the Coroner in her task, which is the inquest.
: When you were in the army holding a rank, you will remember that when you gave an instruction for someone to convey to others, that person (the messenger) was carrying your authority, in other words when the messenger said do ‘what ever’, it was you who was telling those receiving the order to do it. This is just the same.
: I have learnt that some of the advice given from the ‘official’ side is quite unbelievable. That is “to send the questionnaire back to the solicitors unanswered with a covering letter saying that all papers have been sent to my RHQ’ and ends, ‘please do not send any detail to the solicitors’.
: Mr Tim Suter might have sent you this questionnaire but it was on the behalf of Mrs Justice Keegan. His actions are will the full authority of the appointed Coroner. A Coroners Court has the same level of authority as any Crown Court, and it’s rule/regulation is at Common Law.
: ‘And a covering letter saying that all papers have been sent to my RHQ’ It may not please RHQ but in the scheme of things they are nothing at all. They certainly do not sit higher than a Coroners Court and therefore cannot counter demand those instructions (here the questionnaire).
: If you follow advice of this nature then it won’t be the end of it. I feel sure that you will get further requests or instructions.
: You must comply with this letter to the best that your memory will
: allow.

Thanks MM - very clear and extremely useful and pertinent direction. Everyone should take note of it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]