[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Ballymurphy Inquest. The official Line to take.

Posted by MM on Tue, Oct 23 2018 at 09:38 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Ballymurphy Inquest. The official Line to take. posted by Tony T on Tue, Oct 23 2018 at 05:33 AM CDT:

At the risk of having this post removed I advise that you all consider this in stead of getting worked up in to a frenzy.
The official line to take is the line that the law requires you to take. You can not ignore this letter. Irrespective of what people are being told to do you can not afford to ignore this letter and allow it to go unanswered. . This letter is a request from a Coroners court through the Coroners assistant. You are obliged by law to answer the questionnaire. No body can or should advise you to do anything else but that and they would be ill-advised to recommend any thing else. It's no good sending back a letter that you refuse to sign for because you'll get another one more strongly worded. You can still carry out TT''s advise and that of Major Alasdair, BUT you'll have problems if you ignore the letter.
I don't know about anyone else given that this was 47 years ago, but the battalion were not deployed on the Ballymurphy during the hours that the inquest is covering. That being the case I can't really see any problem with it.
This letter is from a Court seeking information.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]