[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

That letter

Posted by MM on Sun, Oct 21 2018 at 06:52 AM CDT:

I’ve received a copy of the letter that is being sent out to members of the battalion concerning the Ballymurphy and in particular the dates between 9th August and 11th.
The big whoa over this letter is typical of the reaction of squadies, and if the cap fits WEAR IT. This letter is from the Coroners Assistant. At the top the heading is “BALLYMURPHY INQUESTS”, and not Ballymurphy Enquiry.
An inquest is different to an enquiry. On page 2 it says, “An inquest is a fact finding exercise and not a method of apportioning guilt as in the case with a criminal trial” If you think you have information that the inquest would find useful then it is up to you what you should/should not do. I would be surprised if any one can give any evidence to help establish any facts about the deaths of these 10 people because 3 Queens were not on the Ballymurphy at the time of this action/contact. Why any one should worry about receiving this communication to the existent that they have to go to hospital or lock themselves in a room (as I have learnt) is beyond me, although the whoa that has been caused is probably has more to do with it.
If and when I get my letter I shall return their questionnaire in the pre-paid envelope supplied saying a) SORRY I WAS NOT THERE AT THAT TIME, and b) I have no idea who I was with 47 years ago.
What is more important is the fact that information is being given to this firm of solicitors as to address’s of battalion members.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]