[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Without limits

Posted by MM on Sun, Oct 21 2018 at 04:27 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Without limits posted by martyn burgess on Sat, Oct 20 2018 at 10:03 AM CDT:

:Sorry to learn about this Martyn. I once did the Pennine Way many years ago now. Now I can't walk far at all, little over 50 yards without feeling some discomfort which gets more intense the further I go. I find it so infuriating that I sometimes have to use a walking stick (although for a few weeks now I have managed without) I have a cousin who is a little older than me who was born with cerebral palsy and right from being a youngster she has refused to wear calipers. She has always wanted to walk like every one else does. My grandfather had one leg 3 inches shorter than the other and he wouldn't wear orthopedic shoes because he felt it 'underlined' his disability. (In 1917 he joined the RFC and they took him. He was a rear gunner). I think most disabled people just want to get on with it. We can manage nicely thank you but there might be times when we may need a little help, may be. In the mean time please don't be so ignorant acting in a manner that makes our existence more troulesome than it is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]