[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

ID Cards

Posted by Alasdair Goulden on Thu, Oct 04 2018 at 05:31 AM CDT:

I have just received the following which you may find of interest.

To further support the transition to civilian life, the Defence Secretary announced that new ID cards will be available to military service leavers shortly. The ID cards will initially be given to everyone leaving the Armed Forces, and will give them instant recognition for their service to the country.
Those who have already made the transition to civilian life will be able to apply for an ID card in 2019. The cards will allow easy access to the range of support available from the public and charitable sectors, including registering with their local authority for priority healthcare and housing.
The Defence Secretary added:

"The vast majority of those who have served in our Armed Forces go on to lead successful and rewarding lives, but itís important we recognise that the transition is not always smooth. We are dedicated to upholding the support they receive while in uniform as they take this next step, and Iím delighted to be adding an extra helping hand to those most in need.
The challenges that service leavers can face are unique, and I want to make sure that they are fully equipped with the tools to thrive independently, whatever issues they face."

As soon as I hear anything further I will let you know.

Yours sincerely,

Alasdair

Secretary
Queen's Regimental Association
queensregimentassociation@gmail.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL: