[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

An Evening In Deal

Posted by MM on Sun, Sep 30 2018 at 03:46 AM CDT:

Yesterday evening I attended at The Saracens Head in Deal where I spent a pleasant evening in the company of quiet a few people, all of whom I didn’t know. That didn’t matter though; we were all there to mark the end of WW1. Major Alasdair (Regimental Sec) hosted the evening, which was also used to ‘bolster’ funds. We had a bit of a sing-a-long so it was a good idea to have a nice lady, Just Jane, to do most of the singing and entertaining for us. Every now and then a poem was recited, poems from that era and naturally relating to the conflict. (I still think Alasdair should have let me give my rendition of ‘Christmas Day in the cookhouse’ from ‘It’s A Lovely War’) The Queen’s Regimental Association Corps of Drums also entertained us with a display, which was executed in the square. The second display the drums did was marked by a rather young man of about 8 or 9 years who, on completion, rushed from the small crowd right up to the bass drummer and grabbing hold of the drummers trousers announced quite loudly, “That was really good”, which delighted the audience very much, and was backed up by a chuckle approving agreement.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]