[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Massacre at Ballymurphy

Posted by Gary d on Mon, Sep 10 2018 at 06:06 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Massacre at Ballymurphy posted by MM on Mon, Sep 10 2018 at 05:09 AM CDT:

: I watched the programme on TV about 1st Bn Para on the Ballymurphy in Aug 1971 (9th to 11th). The documentary shocked me quite honestly. I have also read a bit about this morning using the internet. The sitrep is that the Paras shot 12 people who they claimed were armed. The Henry Taggart Hall did take fire, so guns were about (it seems)
: The populus say that there were no gun men on the estate at this time, and of course no weapons were recovered from the dead. We went in to relieve the Paras on or about 12th Aug. From the reports in this documentary 3 Queen's must have seemed totally different from the Paras'. We must have seemed like gentlemen, which I am sure we were. This is the night when Ray Jenkinson got his BEM and when Paul Roy was MID. Paul Roy arrested a gunman whilst another soldier was shot at, but was not injured.
: The army said at the time that the Paras' became involved in a gun battle with up to 20 gun men, but if the populous is right, there were no gunman around during that 36 hours of 9th to 11th.
: We behaved 'like gentlemen' in comparison and drew out at least 2 gun men, where as if the populus is right, the Paras' behaved like the SS and drew no gun men out. Who is to be believed ?
:

MM be very very careful what is said. Remember Tony ( liar ) Blair gave immunity to groups over there. There are people out there knocking on doors and persecuting* us after 47 years etc, so please be careful with what you say. Quite happy to have private conversation but not in an open forum where we dint know who is reading this

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]