[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Cold Calling

Posted by MM on Fri, Aug 17 2018 at 03:06 AM CDT:

Iím wondering if anyone else has had a problem like this.
Over the past 4/5 weeks I have been getting a computer-generated message on my landline from a window/double-glazing firm. There is very little that you can do against this kind of messaging so I believe. In the message I am told that if I wish to be taken off their calling list to push key 8, but if I would like to speak to someone for further info to push key 2. I selected key 8 on the first few occasions they rang. Then on the next call, thinking I needed to tell someone they where wasting their time I pushed 2. I asked politely that they remove me from their list. They said OK. But a few days later it started all over again.

When Iíve done a 1471 to find out who and where they are I get a number which apparently isnít in use, plus on the last 6 calls theyíve all been different numbers, but with the same accent when I have spoken to any body.

Because the first phone call is the computer-generated message, it isnít a cold call. The invitation to push key 2 means that that the returned call from the company is an invitation to call, therefore not a cold call. I am considering the use of a football refereeís whistle.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]