[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

THE QUEENS REGIMENTAL ASSOCIATION CHICHESTER BRANCH

Posted by Tony T for Chairman: Dave Tilley on Sat, Jul 28 2018 at 01:13 PM CDT:

Chairman: Dave Tilley

THE QUEENS REGIMENTAL ASSOCIATION CHICHESTER BRANCH

Secretary: Treasurer: Eddie Drew
Tele: 01243866887 Tele : 07851842243

Minutes of the meeting held at the Chichester City Club on Wednesday 25th July 2018.
The meeting opened with a minutes silence for those no longer with us.

Apologies: S Ingrey, D Johnson, D George, J White, B Dixon, T Talman, L Wildish, D Covey, J Covey, P Mead, P Tilley, J Butler, G Maidment, M Sharp, C Berry, P Edward, J Cooper, L Coombes, P Catchpole, J Bailey, R Constable.

Members present: E Drew, E Hensby, A Drew, M Bright, R Jenner, F Hill, T Tilley, T Booker, D Tilley, P Alner, B Keen.

Welfare: John Bailey still the same condition. Liam Wildish suffered another stroke, we him a speedy recovery.

Minutes:
All members were sent a copy of last months minutes via email or post. There were no matters arising, it was proposed by Fred Hill and seconded by Tony Tilley and accepted as a true record by members present.

Chairmans report: Dave Tilley thanked all members attending the meeting. Dave reminded everyone that the next function is the Veterans Lunch on the 6th August. Please bring a prise for the raffle.

Secretaries report: Correspondence in:
a) Emails from Alasdair informing of the death and funeral arrangements for Cpl 'Bugsy' John Arthur Curtis BEM, aged 81. Bugsy served 22 years with the Regular Army and 16 years with the TA permanent staff serving in The Queen's Royal Regiment, 1 QUEENS, 6/7 QUEENS and 6/7 PWRR. His funeral will take place on 3 August at 11:30 Hrs, at Worthing Crematorium, Horsham Road, Findon, Nr Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 0RG to which all who wish to pay their respects will be welcome.
b) Email from Alasdair Please see below and attached regarding a Mr Sidney Robertson who will be 100 on 18 Sep. Sidney served with the Queen's (West Surrey) in the early stages of WWII up to the evacuation of Dunkirk where he was wounded and subsequently discharged. His family have invited us to see if we can do something Regimental to support his birthday celebrations which will take place on 16th September at the Langrish House in Petersfield from 1230hrs. As Petersfield is in the middle of your three areas I wondered if perhaps you might like to send representation on the day to celebrate with Sydney. If you can do something could I ask you to contact WO2 (AQMS) Paul Zaman who is coordinating any celebration. Sydney is Paul's wife's grandfather.
c) Email from Alasdair, You may be aware of a country wide initiative to lay either a wreath or a cross at each War Memorial in commemoration of the the end of WWI 100 years ago. The Association Branches will be attending their usual events. We, as an Association are keen to support this initiatve where possible and RHQ PWRR wish to put together a list of every Memorial that will be attended. To that end could I ask you please, if you are going to attend a local commemoration, that you inform Gary.Woodruff101@mod.gov.uk who is coordinating RHQ PWRR's response. He just needs the location of the Memorial being attended.
d) Email from Alasdair Please find attached a flyer for John Bennet's book 'Memories of a Rusty Cold War Warrior' the proceeds of which will go towards the Regimental Museum in Dover. Details of where to purchase the book are contained in the flyer.
e) Email from Alasdair, A few weeks ago I wrote to the Minister of State for the Armed Forces asking about his plans for issuing a veterans' ID Card.
f) Email from Alasdair,Please see the attached letter that I have received from the MOD in response. I will continue to monitor this and as soon as there are any developments I will let you know.
g) Email from Alasdair reference Cenotaph Parade 2018, anyone wishing to attend on the 11th November need to forward their details to Henry Thomas via Henry.thomas112@mod.gov.uk. By the end of July at the absolute latest.
Should you be going to the Cenotaph on 11 November, there will be a curry lunch at the Freemasons Arms,
Long Acre, London, WC2E 9NG after the Parade.The cost will again be £10 per head, payable on the day.In order
to let the venue know the number of meals required, please email Adrian de Villiers at
adrian.pwrrlondon@hotmail.com if you wish to eat lunch
h) Email from Alasdair, I wrote two days ago letting you know what a fantastic event the Regimental Riders' One Aim Rally was last weekend. What I hadn't realised was quite how fantastic it was.The Riders started their 'One Aim' Rallies five years ago to raise money for the Benevolent Fund. During the 1st Shot they raised £1,819; the 2nd Shot raised £2,500; the 3rd Shot raised £6,500 and the 4th Shot raised £7,600 which you may remember was presented to the President at the PWRR Presentation of Colours last year.This year they have surpassed themselves. When they told me prior to the Rally that they were hoping to raise £10,000 I was somewhat sceptical. They proved me wrong raising an incredible £14,883 all of which will go into the Benevolent Fund. To get a flavour of what it was like please go thttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rit4ogMQiag&feature=youtu.be
I am blown away by what the Riders have done to keep the name of our Regiment alive and they really do
deserve our support. Next year's Rally - the 6th Shot - will take place on 5-7th July. Please do put it into your diary
and please make a real effort to come and join them for what I can promise you will be an outstanding weekend.
My congratulations to them all.
i) Letter from Kensington Palace. The Secretary of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, wrote on Their Royal Highnesses behalf for your kind congratulations, on behalf of the Queen’s Regimental Association, Chichester Branch, and to send you their very best wishes.
Their Royal Highnesses we’re appreciative that there was a glass raised to toast their memorable day at your Annual Dinner which is held to commemorate those who died in the Battle of Albuhera .
It is a very happy time for Their Royal Highnesses, and indeed for us all, and your message was much appreciated.
j) Email from Col AAA Beattie, Thank you and all members of the Branch for your very kind invitation, but, much as we would have wished to be with you, I am afraid we have a funeral to attend that day and so are involved elsewhere.
Please pass on my regards to all attending the Veterans' Lunch and assure them, on my behalf, that the Queen's Regimental Association goes from strength to strength, supported by your Branch amongst others.
My very best regards to you all. As ever, Anthony Beattie

Correspondence out:
a) Minutes of Monthly Meeting Emails and Postal correspondence sent to members.
b) Invites to Veterans Lunch to the Mayor of Chichester, Town Clerk, Lt Colonel Ron Tilston OBE, Colonel AAA Beattie, RNA, RSA Brighton Branch.

Treasurers report: Eddie Drew gave out a report of the finances, anyone wishing to check these see Eddie

Entertainment: Our next major function at the City Club is the Veterans Lunch on the 6th of August, a two course lunch of roast beef, and a dessert at a cost of £15 pp. Jacket & Regimental tie and equivalent for ladies. Please bring a raffle prize.

AOB: Richard Jenner stated that he has received the wreath for Armistice Day Parade and confirming his details by PWRR.
Dave Tilley stated that a coach trip to Normandy next year and wanted the views of the members, more details to follow in August meeting.
The Treasurer proposed that we invest in a set of the Colours, to have on display at our functions. This was seconded by Allan Drew and carried by the members. Dave Tilley said he will order these.

This year’s diary dates 2018: 6th August 2018 Veterans Lunch in City Club (Roast Beef). Dress Jacket and Regt Ties.
29th August 2018 Official Meeting.
4th September 2018 Goodwood Race Day ( Royal Sussex ) date tbc.
8th September 2018 Royal Sussex Reunion Dinner at Lewes.
9th September 2018 France trip Priez final celebration.
26th September 2018 Official Meeting.
30th September 2018 Drumhead Service Priory Park Chichester. Require a Bugler.
31st October 2018 Official Meeting.
30th October 2018 2day Trip to France Battlefield tour with R S A
8th November 2018 Field of Remembrance London.
11th November 2018 Remembrance Day Parade at Cenotaph.
28th November 2018 Official Meeting.
3rd December 2018 Christmas Dinner in City Club

There being no more business to discuss the meeting closed at 20:32hrs.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]