[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Memorial Gardens

Posted by Colonel RM Arnold on Thu, May 31 2018 at 10:11 AM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: Memorial Gardens posted by Dave Tilley on Thu, May 31 2018 at 08:10 AM CDT:

: Gentlemen The woodland was bought by an ex Queensman Paul Cooling after suffering ill health wanted to help other ex soldiers ..it was called the Queens garden as you rightly understood since last year all issues have been resolved and its run by a team of trustees and wait for it since last year called QUICK RESPONSE WOODLAND GARDEN .they where represented at the executive meeting and A.G.M Queens association London in March 2018 so no issues outstanding Paul Cooling was there in person ..in the woodland there is a plot for 1.2.3 . T.A Queens Forbear regiments and all services ..also a memorial with all listed Queens men lost in northern Ireland I hope this will now clear any issues you may have heard on the garden and I assumed that every one was up to speed on this so I am sorry for some of my comments so in future ask me im in the know regards Dave Tilley

Dave
I'm getting more intrigued by this, and am grateful to Chris Message for clear explanation. In my view I think the "Queen's Memorial Garden" is a most appropriate and admirable name, and it is strange that theAssociation's HQ is in disagreement.
perhaps there is confusion - how does your proposed memorial to those lost in NI fit in with the similar one at the National Arboretum?
A few months ago you were full of ideas for a Royal Sussex memorial at the Arboretum, which we've now achieved.
Where are you taking us next? Wherever will be interesting to follow.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]