[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: QRMWG

Posted by on Thu, May 31 2018 at 08:52 AM CDT:

In Reply to: QRMWG posted by Tony T on Thu, May 31 2018 at 08:16 AM CDT:

Tony,

There was a number of postings and exchanges of opinion on Facebook.

My understanding of the situation is still a little confused as I believed the Queens Regimental association were expecting funds for the use of the regimental name.

However, the memorial woodland prefers that all funds raised are for the assistance of veterans from all of the armed forces and not to pay fees to The Association for anything else apart from the well being of veterans.

The woodland is now a separate charity without any ties to The Association, however it does receive support from ex Queens Regiment veterans and has commemorative areas for The Queens and forebear regiments.

They rely on the good will of volunteers and generous donations from various sources to provide the support to veterans immediately without waiting for the hierarchy to approve the funding required.

I appreciate that there was some animosity between various factions but that has now been resolved and if you manage to visit the woodland you will see for yourself the peace and tranquillity within it, this was achieved by a lot of hard work and perseverance by the more able bodied veterans, families and friends and it is a credit to Paul Cooling ex 1 Queens and a shame that the association insisted on the name change.

I hope this clarifies my understanding and I recommend a visit to get the full picture of how it works to support all veterans in need.

Chris

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]