The Friends of The PWRR and QUEENS Museum in Dover are relaunching on the 1st May 2018. This is to encourage support and for former members of the Regiment to keep in touch with how the museum evolves. We are just entering an exciting period in the museum's history with an application in to the Heritage Lottery Fund, closer realationship with English Heritage and the much talked about refurbishment known as Operation Revitalise being rebranded and named “Tangier to Afghanistan and Beyond”. Thirty per cent of the Museum will be dedicated to The Queen's Regiment, a significant improvement on the current layout and will cover Northern Ireland, service during the Cold War and Operations Out of Area.
To join The Friends there is an annual charge of £18 payable by standing order, for individual membership. This is less than the cost of entry to the Castle for one visit. There is also family membership of £25 and a concession rate available for those over 60 and for students at £15. All membership fees are payable on the 1st of May annually and all money goes directly towards the running costs of the museum and not absorbed in staff or utility costs.
If you pay income tax then we can also claim Gift Aid from HMRC thus gaining an extra 25%
Membership comes with the following benefits;
1. Four newsletters per year.
2. Regular updates on events and museum projects.
3. Two events per year of which one may be in conjunction with another museum
4. Previews of specialist exhibitions before opening to the public
5. Free entry to Dover Castle including the wartime tunnels etc. This is normally £19.40 for an individual entry. (Unfortunately free entry was withdrawn for Association members for individual visits from September 2017 although concessionary rates apply now for Association members on production of their Association Membership Card. If you wish to visit the museum free, entry can be organised in advance but this must be done via the curator Henry Thomas MBE, (email@example.com or on 01227 817945) preferably with four week's notice so that staffing can be arranged.)
6. Reciprocal agreement with the Friends of Surrey Museum.
7. Free PWRR Regimental journal annually (Worth £10) which will be posted out with annual membership cards, which will keep you in touch with how the PWRR are keeping our traditions and values alive. You will of course continue to receive The Queen's Regimental Association Journal free of charge.
I think you will agree that you will be getting value for money as well as supporting our museum, ensuring that part of our unique history is recorded and maintained.
If you don’t live within a reasonable travelling distance please don’t be put off. We will keep you up to date with information via the Facebook page and by email so you won’t miss out!
Please return the attached Standing Order and application form, and you will receive your membership card within a few weeks. PWRR Journals are normally available for posting out in April each year. You will need the card to gain entry to the Museum and Castle producing this at the ticket office to receive an 'all areas' wristband.
I hope that you will support this endeavour to help fund our museam.
Queen's Regimental Association
Post a Followup