[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

NATIONAL ARBORETUM MEMORIAL

Posted by Colonel RM Arnold on Tue, Jan 30 2018 at 01:24 PM CST:

You will be aware that there has been a great deal of discussion over the last year or so about the state of our memorial trees in the National Arboretum. The real problem is the soil is not much good for trees, which is remarkable as it was originally chosen as a Tree Memorial site. We have had various ideas ranging from more trees to the barren rocks of Belfast. However, it would seem that the preferred choice is a simple garden bench.

I have this day sent in our application form, together with a non-refundable application cheque for 1,000. Under the rules of the game, the bench and the Regimental Plaque are provided and sited according to the Arboretum's design - all we need to do is pay for it.

It will be a wooden bench with our Regimental Badge mounted on it and will be inscribed "IN REMEMBRANCE OF OUR FALLEN COMRADES IN THE ROYAL SUSSEX REGIMENT" The bench costs 1,100 and the Plaque is 650 - a total of 1,750.

We need to raise this money ourselves and I would hope that Branches will make a significant contribution. The Mid-Sussex Branch has already promised an initial donation of 250 and will seek to raise more.

Could I please ask those who are not members of a Branch to make a donation direct to Brian Hudson - small or large.

Many thanks

Rod

Many thanks

Rod

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title: