[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Read the letter

Posted by T on Tue, Jan 30 2018 at 12:05 PM CST:

In Reply to: Read the letter posted by RossP on Tue, Jan 30 2018 at 08:11 AM CST:

I believe everyone understood what Brian said in his post and I thank him for it. As you quite rightly say yourself echoing Brian's post, 'SSAFA will only suggest relevant organisation who may help an applicant. Them do not give financial help. Your remarks that we are being screwed by Rupert's, Brian believes we need these as they are the ones who move among the higher echelons. Complete rubbish. Its the likes of you and I who live in the real world know just what it is like at ground level. I have had my two penny rant against the officer corps, I do however think they are needed. I have just made contact with a national newspaper and I await a response. Hopefully you will endorse my letter and if you have the time use it as a template and support me. Your a sound and stable platform and I know with your help we might just get a hearing.

My letter to a national paper:
Dear Sir/Madam
Military charities are sitting on millions of pounds, paying retired senior officers (jobs for the boys) 100K+ These two charities, The Royal British Legion (RBL) and, Soldiers Sailors Army and Air Force (SSAFA) employing retired senior military officers on a salary of eye-watering amounts. whilst there are veterans sleeping rough on our streets.

These two charities have sufficient funds to build sheltered accommodation and with the support of the government to get these veteran off the streets many are suffering from PTSD and having lived in a military environment find it difficult to adjust to civilian life. The military as I see it should have a duty of care. Our veterans on discharge are let loose into the unknown with no support from whence they come.

Millions of pounds are given away by these two charities, RBL and SSAFA to none military organisation such as The Royal Opera House. Most odd and where has the money raised by Help for Heroes has this all been spent.

The only way I see such a scheme as I have suggested in helping our veterans and answers to my questions about the millions being paid in wages to retired military officers and none military events is with the support and help from a national paper such as yours.

ART

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]