[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: The Last Post - Episode 2

Posted by on Tue, Oct 10 2017 at 01:36 AM CDT:

In Reply to: The Last Post - Episode 2 posted by Chris Message on Sun, Oct 08 2017 at 04:44 PM CDT:

: Just watched the second instalment of The Last Post supposedly set in Aden in 1965.

: Unfortunately it is not improving and the military adviser obviously never served there or sought advice from people/veterans that did.

: There is no way land rovers would travel "up country" without radio communications and as for the SAS unit, they would never have allowed themselves to be caught in an ambush in the way it was depicted and likewise would have had some form of communications with possible air cover if required.

: The inclusion of the reporter may have helped the plot but it was somewhat unbelievable.

: The one thing that was almost in keeping with the real events was the beheading but this was 2 SAS troopers and not RMP.

: It is a shame that the production company hired an ill-informed adviser or chose to hide the facts for the sake of the story line.

: I will watch next weeks episode in the hope that it improves but my initial impressions and hopes that it would bring back memories of our time in Aden are somewhat disappointing.
Chris
Totally agree. My family ask me about Aden and this Aden seen here is not the one I remember. Iím embarrassed by it
Gary D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]