[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Obituary - Bilko Silver

Posted by Garyd on Fri, Sep 15 2017 at 11:41 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Obituary - Bilko Silver posted by Colonel RM Arnold on Thu, Sep 14 2017 at 04:30 PM CDT:

: We have lost a fine man in Bilko and i would be grateful for any details, tales and anecdotes that can be drawn together to give him a distinctive Obituary in the Rousso. Many thanks. R

Bilko
Bilko took over 7platoon from Les Moody early in the Aden tour. There were 7 ex junior leaders in that platoon then. Dave Tonks, Bren Webb, Mick Wilson, Jack Horner, Dave Mcdarren, Dimlle and me. Bilko loved it and he loved us. He had a unique way about him. When we went out if the gate in Radfan camp we'd stop as you did to load magazines and as we git back into the vehicles he would roar Who's the best and we would roar back were the best. Silly ready but that was bilko. Legend is nit a wire to be used lightly but for me there were 2 legends sadly missing from this site. In my later years it was Alan Prince but in my early years I wanted to be a sgt like bilko. Biocontrol I hope I nsbsged to be like you

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]