[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: New Colours to PWRR

Posted by Tony T on Tue, Sep 12 2017 at 12:10 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: NHew Colours to PWRR posted by Chris Message on Tue, Sep 12 2017 at 10:10 AM CDT:

There is outside the PWRR several home county regimental associations with History going back 100s of years. What for us, there would be no PWRR. We are very much alive and active with a strong number of members possible greater than that of our forbearer's. In the past, we have always been treated with contempt by the corps of colonels who have between themselves decided our fate in so many ways.
The renaming of the Queens, Regiment, during this time I was chairman of the Shepway Branch Queens Association. I was asked to put to my members as was all branch chairman, the name change of the ‘Queens Regiment to that of the ’ Princess of Wales Royal Regiment.’

I held a secret ballot of all those members present. Their answer was 100% to keep the name of the Queens Regiment. This was forwarded to Major Dick Waite (Deceased) who was the regimental secretary at the time. He told me that each branch of the association had all give the same response, a 100% return to retain the name of the Queens Regiment. Our ballot for the change was nothing but a PR exercise.

A decision had already been made to change our name to that of the PWRR. The board of Colonels need to remember that every soldier who ever served in the Queens Regiment was a volunteer to serve his Queen and Country and above all his Regiment.
A man of great valour once said: ’If I had such men as yours, I would treat them much better than you.’

TT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]