[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Lewes 2017

Posted by Tony T on Mon, Sep 11 2017 at 10:35 AM CDT:

A most excellent Royal Sussex Regimental dinner evening at Lewes once again. There were several remarks about the decline in numbers but, Ross Pritchard had ticket number 202 which gives us some idea on the number in attendance. It was wonderful to see Mario Buttergieg along with his wife Illian from down under in attendance, Colonel Panton was in a state of excitement on meeting him after all these years, Mario I believe was his Clerk. From across the pond Doug Jones, who is always in attendance. Doug and I were Vindi boys, he and I went to a sea training school in Gloucester, I am saying no more. Peter Catchpole who has to be one of our most senior veterans, along with the others was in situ wonderful to see them all. Valid comments of there being too many reunions and the difficulty of the personal commitment in attending them all. One must remember, The Royal Sussex Regimental Association is the hub of the regiment and all other branch associations affiliated to the regiment are side degrees and a major player as without them it is unlikely there would be a regiment.

Our ladies who are always present at Lewes each year have been fully recognised as a branch association and Sandy Brydon who has always organised the ladies dinner has kindly accepted to be its first President. Our hearty congratulations Sandy for all you have done for the ladies over so many years

TT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]