[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

MEMORIES

Posted by Mike Sinden on Fri, Sep 01 2017 at 09:45 AM CDT:

Change over from the R/Sx Badge to the Kelloge Cornflake Badge had to be between 1966-1969. I was in Lemgo BFPO 41 and the RSM Ray Pace and my CSM Joseph Ralf Bass (MBE) were on parade with the Bn. That is when in that period we had to change Cap Badges.
I attend the funeral (as others did) of Joseph Ralf Bass MBE on the Thursday 4th October 2012 at 12.15pm at the St John the Baptist Church in Barham. It was a most beautiful service and many attended.
I really inwardly laughed when Joe infront of his Company when 'Womba' Webb took the parade stated that Webb should have a spear and not a pace stick. We rolled up. BUT Joe was heard by Womba and made to account for that at the Company Office. Joe was 82 when he passed away and it was really an icon that should have enlightened our future years.
So, I have had 28 Postings due to a happening in 'A'Coy Club in Lemgo with 'Black'Hart but with Major Stevenson looking on as I hit 'Black' Hart on the chin, and therefore we had to leave my Bn. All told also the wife and I and our family have had 12 Home Addresses. Can anyone out there beat that in the Bn.????
Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]