[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Ladies dinner

Posted by on Mon, Aug 21 2017 at 06:44 AM CDT:

A little while ago I had an email from Tony Talman suggesting that, in recognition of me organising the annual ladies reunion dinner for around the last 30 years, that we should be given an official title and for me to be the President. I was extremely surprised and pleased. I thought it was a very kind gesture.
However, I had no idea that it would cause such controversary among a group of men.
If a lady asks me if it is okay for her to join us at the dinner I don't ask what regiment her husband/partner belonged to, I say ' yes, you're welcome'.
Just the other day, while we were discussing this, Neil pointed out to me that I was never a Royal Sussex wife anyway. Although he was in the Royal Sussex, when we married in April 1970 he was already in 3 Queens.
As far as I'm concerned I will just carry on organising the ladies dinner, title or not, unless I am asked to stop.
Many of you probably don't know that I am also the treasurer, minute taker and event organiser for the Brighton and Hove branch. Maybe I should give that up or should I keep going to help to keep the Royal Sussex Regiment alive?
Anyway, I am looking forward to catching up with everyone at our ladies dinner (title or not). See you there. Sandy Brydon

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]