[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]

Re: Royal Sussex Regiment Association

Posted by Brian (Harry) Marjoram on Fri, Aug 18 2017 at 02:09 PM CDT:

In Reply to: Re: Royal Sussex Regiment Association posted by RossP on Fri, Aug 18 2017 at 12:55 PM CDT:

Hi Ross
Yes, I have attended Queens Regiment reunions but they are regimental reunions and not battalion based and this is crux of the issue. Fraternity is lacking mainly because those who you served with are thin on the ground. Like it or not, Royal Sussex men are falling off their perches and sadly this will exponentially grow in the next few years. We need new blood to keep the traditional Lewes reunion continuing into the next decade. Time to welcome our 3 Queens guys with open arms.
By the way, the Oxford Concise Dictionary is out of date. The Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Act has been law since 2013. The Act states that "husband" insofar as the Act is concerned will include a man or a woman in a same sex marriage, as well as a man married to a woman. How the same sex couple decide who should be husband or wife might be interesting. To add more spice to their marriage they could perhaps take it in turns. I shall stop here I think!
Here a link to ‘Dinner for One’ a sketch on YouTube as to how the Lewes event might look like in the future. It has been played each New Year in Germany since 1963. Only 10 minutes long and quite funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lzQxjGL9S0
I will enjoy continuing the debate over a pint (or two) at Lewes next month!
Regards
Harry

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Main Board ]